Monday 26 August 2013

Day 3 (by Chris)


Day 3, 80km:
This morning we were spotted by a police car. Two police personnel and a solider jumped out and firmly gestured for me to pull over. I surrendered myself, ready to have my tent and stove confiscated and be thrown into a Chinese prison after only 2 days (Secretly, I was thinking we could at least make it to day 10 before this happened). Luckily they insisted we go back down the huge mountain the we'd cycled up as 'foreigners were forbidden on this mountain'. Amy didn't think this as 'lucky' as I did, after being made to sweat and struggle up the mighty big hill for the last two days. She cried when she was informed of our fate so the Chinese police gave her a hug. We still had to go back.

1 comment:

  1. I just looked on the map - you guys have gone a LOOONG way already. Slow down or you'll have weeks to speand lounging on a secluded, tropical beach in Thailand...

    F x

    ReplyDelete