Thursday 12 December 2013

Day 106, 28km. By Chris:

After a short distance we spent most of the day exploring the Phanum Rung Khmer ruins (like Angkor Wat but smaller). The main phallic shaped temple was on top of a hill (a small extinct volcano) which Amy was displeased about, but after weeks of boring flat roads I was very happy to see a some kind of gradient again.
We were going to stay in a hotel this evening, but as we rode over the top of the hill, the scrubland looked ideal for a spot of camping so we struggled through spiky trees and scratchy bushes to get to a small clearing. I quickly regretted suggesting this because the place was full of plants that made me itchy and so many mosquitos that I sacrificed one of our older drinking bottles to avoid going back outside the tent when I needed my evening pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment