Thursday 12 December 2013

Day 112, Rest day in Ayatthaya. By Chris:

And may I begin by saying a well deserved rest day at that! I admit, after so many days of straight roads heading directly to our destinations more or less as the crow flies, I may have forgotten that we are not crows and neither do we fly. At least we deserve our rest day which was spent sauntering around ruined temples eating ice-creams, drinking cold drinks and resting on benches. Amy said she saw 'giant lizards' in the lakes and canals when she was here in 2004, I did not believe her, until we spotted one swimming around. They were actually big monitor lizards and not the '3m Komodo dragons' she recollected, but I was impressed non-the-less. Because I made Amy walk around all day I promised we'd get a tuktuk to a nice restaurant in the evening where I had a feast of omelettes and Amy had another obscenely hot Thai green curry which made her feel dizzy and her face swell up.


1 comment:

  1. I thought they were Komodo dragons too aims!

    And they were more like 4metres long!

    ReplyDelete