Wednesday 3 July 2013

Shorn...



Having been travelling before with long hair I have realised it is a bit of a pain. 


When it’s hot it’s too hot, when it’s cold and it gets wet it doesn’t dry and you get cold. It is also a nightmare to keep clean and tangle free when camping!


So I made the decision to go short for the big trip. 


As I have been going for the cautious trim for about 10 years my hair is now pretty long. 


I had a browse online and realised you only needed 7inches of hair to make a wig for a child who has lost their hair through cancer treatment. http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/

When I measured my hair I realised I had at lease 10 inches to spare!


So today I went for the big chop! The plats you can see here have been duly chopped and sent to make a wig and I have sleek light camping hair. It’s a win win!

7 comments:

  1. So brave! But it looks fantastic. Hope all your preparations are going well..
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma! Nearly ready now. Just starting to pack this weekend eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey aims,

    Looks great! You look like you're 18 again ;)

    Good luck for the trip.

    Gonna miss you!

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing idea, Amy you are so sweet and a genius, and you look fab with short hair. Good luck you two. Love Krys, Neil and Arun Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you both, very envious about the travel aspect, but not so about the cycling. Hair looks great and found a good cause in the process. Stay safe. Much love to you both, Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair looks brilliant, and to be able to donate your shorn locks to such a worthy cause must have been so satisfying.....Hope you have a good start to your trip, heard you go but wasn't to the door quick enough....Sue...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope you got off to a great start and your makeshift trolley served you well for traversing Moscow. Been thinking of you both. X annabelle

    ReplyDelete