Sunday 1 September 2013

Day 5, 86km:


The morning was spent going uphill for 10km and cursing the Chinese truck and bus drivers for using their ear-drum rupturing air-horns as a means of communicating 'Hahaha! look at you, you're weird-looking and riding strange trailer-bicycles and I think this is funny'. At the top curious Chinese people (that includes all Chinese people) swarmed around me asking questions I did not understand and taking photos of the strange, tall foreigner. The rest of the day was downhill to a small town where we stayed in a guesthouse. We were invited for dinner with the family next door. Amy was allowed rice and potatoes but I was told it was only for girls and made to eat horrible chilli-laden stew. Everyone thought Amy was very beautiful and wanted photos of her. I suggested we impose a small fee for each photo to raise money for our charities but Amy said this was inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment