Monday 7 October 2013

Day 34, 55km: (by Chris)

It rained last night so I packed away a very wet tent, although I have learnt from my mistake; last time when I didn't  wrap it in a plastic bag my clothes absorbed all the moisture. All my garments now have white mould on them and smell of mushrooms.

This morning we had a monumental 42km decent down through cloud ending at a police checkpoint. Once our visas had been scrutinised we cycled a further 15km to a small town up an adjacent valley. While gathering supplies here two policemen spotted me and demanded we come to the police station where we were interrogated about what we were doing. Luckily, instead of sending us back the way we'd come which we feared they might, they all got involved in suggesting better routes for us. Apparently there is a new, faster, better road we can take. Tomorrow we heed their advice, go back 15km and take the new road.
How apt... Praying mantis on the prayer flag during lunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment