Thursday 17 October 2013

Day 52, Tiger Leaping Gorge: (by Chris)

Today we set of to hike the length of the gorge. We were going to do it in two days, but Amy was unstoppable after her high altitude training so we'd finished all 28km before the day was out. this was despite my frequent photo requests for which my wife has no tolerance whatsoever. This is unfortunate because she is the only person I can use as a focal point and is why in many photos she looks grumpy. With a backdrop of jagged snowy peaks we walked through hot pine forest and bamboo groves, past gnarled trees with yellow leaves and bright orange flowers shining vibrant in the sun. It was a glorious day, made all the better by the fact the guesthouse we are staying at serves something resembling a tasty sandwich - many of which we ordered this morning for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that scenery is immense! Beautiful! And that's not a grumpy Amy face (I know, I've seen it, it ain't pretty)

    F x

    ReplyDelete