Wednesday 20 November 2013

Day 91, 50km: by Amy

We picked up some bread that the friendly guy at the bakery had made especially for us and he gave us a free coffee each as well, which I put in my thermos for later.
We headed out of town and up the steep hill ahead of us which was made easier by the impressive rock formations and the fact I knew exactly how long it was. At the top we admired the amazing views again and I chatted to an Irish guy on a moped who was 60 and had travelled and taught English in Asia for 14 years. 
After the pass the rest of the day was mostly down or flat. We had lunch by a river in the shade. Unfortunately it turned out to be on an ants nest and their counter attack moved us on before the midday sun had started to lose its heat. 
Thankfully I spotted a slushy seller 5km later. These are tables by the road with a blender and various pots of syrup and powder. If you stop the proprietor will mix flavoured syrup of your choice with condensed milk and lots of glorious ice in a blender making the most amazing slushy drink ever for about 40p.
Chris had whizzed off ahead so I had to cycle with the slushy drinks hanging in bags off my handle bars which the shopkeeper found amusing.  Chris was very grateful when I caught him up though. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment